Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Praying he changes his mind

My son David is due to get out of the marines Jan of next year, well they have asked him if he will extend because they want him to go to Afghanistan :O( he works on the Osprey and there are not many guys qualified for his job as of yet. The deployment this time if he goes will be 7 months to a year NOT on a base like last time but out in the middle of no where, dropped off with 2 planes and a crew (he doesn't know how many) no phones, water, housing nothing.. he hated it last time when he was in Iraq and that time he was on the biggest base that had stores, a movie theater, a bowling ally restaurants everything in fact it was nick named camp cupcake...lol
He says he doesn't want to go but he feels that he is needed and with our present economy he is afraid to get out now even if he is going to be going to school. He still can change his mind I know this, he doesn't have to tell them for another 6 months but the whole ideal just makes me sick with worry, David has always had a hard time saying no to anyone I know they will bully or guilt him into going :O(
Then on top of that Anthony did a pre enlistment in Dec but so far hasn't said a word about going in but did say one time I can change my mind at anytime "I didn't sign anything" he is the type you cant talk to him he has to realize on his own what he wants..I think lately with his girlfriend he wants to stay here in Mich :O) only time will tell

On the home front Samantha has another ear infection...sigh.. this one is really bad I took her to the ER Sat, they were shocked how her ear was and that she was letting them look without crying :O( poor baby they tell me with her having diabetes this is just going to be the norm..this one came out of nowhere, Yesterday I had to take her back to the Dr since it didn't seem to be clearing up in fact getting worse..the Dr had to put her on double meds praying this works.

Me I had my gyn appointment yesterday and got the all clear on my health..I didn't tell him about my little fall and wasn't going to till he told me he knew since all my test were sent to him also, and that he seen my name on the ER list...now I didn't think they would give my ob this info but I guess better safe then sorry so now he knows and he also thinks I'm in good health in fact he asked me if I was coming back to see him in a few months...lol

4 comments:

Maisy said...

I'm so glad your health is still looking good to your doctors...all of them. lol. It's good to hear.
I can understand not wanting your babies to go back or to the service. I would be feeling edgy about it too. Maybe your older son will find a job, and then that will help to make his mind up. Praying for the best.

Lisa said...

I'm sorry to hear about Samantha's ear infection. Poor kid, she needs to get a break sometimes. :( Glad you're healthy, and I do hope you're back visiting him on a regular basis soon.

I can only imagine the worry you feel as you face seeing your children go off to the military. It's such a noble calling, yet so heartrending to see them go off...You're a great mother to have raised boys who want to serve the country they love, though. :)

Beachcomber said...

I'm sorry Samantha has an ear infection.

I have a blog award for you on my blog.

Unknown said...

I think this is one of the most significant info for me. And i am glad reading your article.

Click here for Diabetic high top tennis shoe